This weekend takes place the Good Food Festival in Boui Boui Bilk (Düsseldorf).
As I already talked to you about the festival (check here for more information about what kind of food you could find last year at the Good Food Festival 2015 ) let me get straight to the point.
What did I like the most at the Food Festival 2016:
1. There are many local producers
This year I decided to go earlier (at 13.00, the moment the doors are opened) and it was a wise decision! The place was not too crowded so I had time enough to check all the different stands and to talk with the local producers.
2. New flavours are ready to be discovered!
- To start I opted for a veggie and gluten free Frittata (made with pumpkin, onion and apple) while a friend of mine tried a veggie burger with home made ketchup sauce.
- Then I could not resist to try some Süßkartoffeln (Sweet potatoes) with chutney and pumpkin sauce.
- As a dessert I tried the best vegan ice cream I have ever tried!
I am Love is an ice-cream bar located in Bochum and Essen. The merchant was really nice and provided me with information about the ingredients of the ice-creams (made with soy). Hazelnut flavour highly recommended 😉
3. There where special things that will redefine the way we understand cuisine
The moment I saw them I wanted to know more about this revolutionary concept.
The «DOC´s Essenz» essences are gonna shake up the traditional concept of cocktails. Just with a drop you can provide a drink with an intense new taste.
After a talk with the manufacturer I had the opportunity to add one essence to a home made cocktail. Not only the flavour but also the odor of the cocktail improved drastically after adding the chosen essence.
The product was so original that I just bought some samples to bring home. I wonder what will happen when I add one of them to a roast… 😉
4. You can find some traditional products
After talking with some producers and tasting different kind of products. I decided to buy some home made sauces and some french macarons.
- The sauces are made with natural ingredients produced in a farm closed to Düsseldorf. Check more information here: issbaldfertig
- The macarons are gluten free and manufactured in a french Pâtisserie which is coming soon to Flinger (Düsseldorf).
5. The classics will always remain
A part from all the food that I previously mentioned you can also find some classics like burgers, hot-dogs, german sausages, waffles and greek cheese.
And you, have you ever been to a Good Food Festival? Which kind of food have you tried? Did you discover something new? Share your experience!
If you want more information about the manufacturers and the workshops check this website: Good Food Festival. Do not miss the chance to learn more and to try all kind of food this weekend!